KIKUYAMA-- Fresh and Fiery

0 comments
DEDHAM, MA-- If you are a fan of food and entertainment, this is the place for you. Kikuyama is a Japanese restaurant based in the downtown area of Dedham. Massachusetts. As soon as you enter Kikuyama, it is like stepping into a whole new Asian dimension. The first thing you will notice is their humongous fish aquarium that is as big as the whole wall. Very impressive, I thought. Then, the friendly hostess showed us to our seats and gave us the menu.

I was expecting that this place would be a fine intimate dining with tables for two, but I was wrong! There were 4 large squared tables with a flat grill right in the middle. As we were being seated, you can already smell the aroma of the spices. The bar was located on the other side of the dining area, they have a huge selection of different kinds of liquor and wines (I didn't try it because I am not really into drinking!).

We started with a miso soup and a regular garden salad with no dressing, followed by a platter of delicious eel and crawfish sushi. Don't get me wrong, Kikuyama does not only serve sushi, tea and salad. They have an extensive menu for meat, seafood and vegetables. One of my favorite specialty dinners are their very own Kobe Surf and Turf (Sirloin Steak and Lobster), and Teppan Grill Calamari (Grilled Squid).


After a few minutes of waiting for our order. Their waiter who is wearing a bent fork as a scarf clip rolled down his ingredients near our table. "How is everybody doing?!" He said enthusiastically as he juggled two grill spatulas. Everybody around my table was amazed, some were taking pictures with their mouths open in awe. After a few seconds of continuously juggling, he threw an egg up in the air and caught it with his spatula. He threw it up again, turned his spatula sideways and broke the egg into two halves.


"Amazing" I thought. But even before I can finish the whole sentence in my head he sprayed cooking oil on the grill and lit it on fire. "Fire!" he exclaimed enthusiastically. My eyes widened, I didn't think we had something like this in Boston.People who are arsonphobia (fear of fire) will definitely run out the restaurant-- but for me, this is definitely exciting!




The food is fresh and it is cooked carefully cooked in the way that you want it. The other upside is it is cooked right infront of you, consumers tend to enjoy their food even more when they know what exactly is in their food.

The only downside to this is I don't really recommend it for a two-people party, because you will end up brushing elbows with strangers (unless you don't mind that!). I think it is great for big groups and family night-outs.

Overall, I give Kikuyama a 4 out of 5 stars! Ambience is great, food is delicious and the hospitality of the people is fantastic!

If you want to check out their restaurant and experience the fiery goodness of Kikuyama,
please reserve your seats now and visit them today!

350 Washington Street, Dedham, MA 02026-1837
or call them at  (781) 251-2288

Here is also the link to their website:
kikuyamasteakhouse.com
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "KIKUYAMA-- Fresh and Fiery"